June 29, 2010

Wish you were here


Last night was almost Chamber of Commerce perfect. The temperatures were finally in the mid-seventies and the humidity dropped below 90. It was a most pleasant evening. The wife was in wedding planning mode and to be honest I am just tired of the whole thing. Two more weeks.

I moseyed out to the deck and lit up a nice H. Upmann Chairman's Reserve Robusto. I tuned my iPhone to the Cubs game and spent a nice hour puffing away. I came back in around 9:45 as it started to get dark and the mosquitoes began to hum around my ears. For some reason they like to fly around my head, but they rarely bite me. I assume I am as sour to mosquitoes as I am to most humans with whom I come into contact.

Here is a photo I took between innings. This is the view of the sky to the north from my deck. Too bad you couldn't join me.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Moseyed. I've always liked that word.
Nice photo.

Dan O. said...

I was "enjoying" the "cooler" weather by working on the landscaping on the backside of our house. I sweat just thinking about working, so any break in the temp is welcome.

I have yet to break the $3 price of a cigar. I've often wondered how much better a $5, $10 or $15 cigar actually tastes. Some day maybe I'll splurge. Been afraid I'd like 'em then couldn't afford to spoil myself.

Anonymous said...

I actiually bpought that box for around $60 (box of 20).

I like about any kind of cigar, but I like to stay around $5 or so. That is getting harder with the taxes. I have a few $10+ cigars in my humidor but I cannot bring myself to smoke them. I have one that is almost 10 years old.

hb

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger