October 29, 2010

Meet your host

It is Friday. Yesterday was payday. It is cold out, below freezing. I guess fall is in the air. How long until Indian Summer? Do you want to hear about my many aches and pains?  I thought not. I thought my attitude toward blogging would be better today. Trust me, it is me, not you. MTS left me a comment a couple of posts ago that has inspired me this morning, however.

Here are some things about me you may not know.  I am sure I have related much of this previously. In fact, I may have done this same post in the past. But what the heck, it gets us through a Friday!

Here are ten things about me you may not know:

1. I do not like to be touched. I do not want to be hugged by strangers or semi-strangers.  I am not even too crazy about non-immediate family members hugging me. I do not mind shaking hands. Kissing is out of the question.

2. I do not have a toenail on my right big toe. The freak industrial accident that caused the disfigurement would make you sick to your stomach. Or a doctor removed it because of a chronic ingrown toenail. You choose.

3. I was born six weeks premature. Weird coincidence; I was born on the first day of spring, my brother Otter on the first day of fall.

4. I studied French for four years in high school and two years in college. I cannot understand a word of that language when it is spoken to me, and can only speak a few words of it anymore. I can read it a little. I can probably understand, speak and read German as well as French these days. I never studied German at all. I have been to Germany a half dozen times, France only once.

5. I have been to 42 states (of Obama's 57). I have been in Mexico, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Austria, France, The Netherlands, and Italy.

6. I have twice jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.

7. The taste of whiskey/bourbon/scotch will make me instantly vomit. Damn you Hogshead Bill.

8. I drink my coffee black and ice tea unsweetened..

9. My favorite candy is JuJubes. I am also fond of Dots and red licorice. I have had none of them in the past two months.

10. There are only 16 cigars in my humidor. I am dangerously low. I enjoy a variety of cigars, natural and maduro.  I do not like sizes over 50. My current favorite is the H. Upmann Chairman's Reserve Robusto. I have smoked Cuban cigars, they are over rated for the price. These days I prefer better quality smokes over a cigar every day or so. I smoke outside or in the garage. I do not like cigarettes.

There you have it, a few things that you may or may not know about the old Hoosierboy. Tell me something about you.

4 comments:

Fred said...

"I was born on the first day of spring, my brother Otter on the first day of fall."

Heh. I was born on April Fool's. My brother was born the 4th of July. (I was always a little jealous of him, when we were young.)

Ed Bonderenka said...

What a coincidence! I speak German as well as I speak French also!
Something about me that some have figured out: I'm incredibly smart, but often act exceedingly stupid.
Pix of the toe!

linda said...

Was the plane you jumped out of parked?
I enjoy being hugged and kissed- more so by friends and relatives!
I like splenda and creme in my coffee when I have some and love sweet tea but seldom have either--diet dr pepper, usually.
Love chocolate but can have teeny amount--diabetes.
Never smoked, anything.
Only drink I ever liked was a fuzzy navel. Haven't had any alcohol since I found out I was diabetic. Wasn't much of a drinker, so I don't miss it.
I've been to Mexico 2x, Jamaica 2x, Hawaii, Costa Rica, Bahamas 2x, Italy 2x--my favorite! Several states but haven't been out west.

Rita said...

I'll call your nailless toe and raise you one bottomless big toe.

Running barefoot at 8 years old and stepped on a metal tool drawer. Sliced off the entire chunk of meat on my big toe. It's a lovely sight. Back in the '60s they kept me in the hospital for TEN FREAKIN DAYS, skingrafted some stomach skin over the poor thing.

When I'm really mean, I make my nephews and nieces kiss my ugly toe.

It's a family tradition.

Now, who's hungry for dinner? ;D

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger