October 28, 2010

On being and nothingness...with apologies to Sartre

Here I am, in a usual position these days. I am staring at a blinking cursor on a blank form in Blogger. When  I click "publish post" this will be post 2,861. My first post was on March 22, 2005. I have posted nearly every single day in the more than five and one half years since I started. I will not object if you claim the work here represents quantity over quality.

The point of this post was to say I am sick of politics. I am sick of being Hoosierboy. I am sick of this blog. I am sick of my life.

On the bright side, I will likely delete this posts later. I will find a joke I have to share with you. I will feel an overwhelming need to give you my righteous opinion. Tomorrow I will be here again. Like the cowboys in the movie I never saw -- I cain't quit you.

4 comments:

curmudgeon said...

The good news is in another week, we'll be inundated with Christmas commercials instead of political ads!
The bad news is, well, you know.

Rita said...

Now how could it be any fun quitting talking about politics ONE WEEK before the election?

Not me. I'll be glued to my TV Tuesday night and Wednesday morning boring my poor husband to death.

Good thing I never let him have the remote.

mts1 said...

I can't get that old Pink song out of my head because, well, it sums up my state of mind and seems to meet yours, too. "Doctor, doctor, would you please prescribe me something, a day in the life of someone else. Cause I'm a hazard to myself - don't let me get me. I don't want to be myself no more, I want to be somebody else."

Like the cowboys in the movie I never saw -- I cain't quit you.

Just don't hug me. That would be. Uncomfortable.

Joe said...

One thing in life is for sure MTS -- I am not a hugger.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger