November 13, 2010

If I were king of the fast food world

San Fransisco has banned Happy Meals and any fast food meal that contains toys. So, If  I were the CEO of McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King/Etc., I would immediately announce my corporation was buying back the franchises of any of my restaurants in San Fransisco. I would then announce an immediate closing of all stores within the city --permanently. I would make sure that the press release pointed out the intrusive nany-state government was the reason. The people of San Fransisco could deal with the loss of jobs, taxes and the empty stores that lie in the wake of sticking the local government nose into places it does not belong.

Think of the lost job opportunities for young people and  retirees looking to supplement their income. Think of the lost payroll taxes, corporate and property taxes. Think of the loss of jobs as these small businesses no longer make local purchases.

Think of the lost choice for families and corporate drones looking for a cheap lunch or dinner. The stores in the suburbs would boom. The economy of the City by the Bay would suffer.

The results would make other cities and towns think twice before following suit.

Of course, corporate America has no balls these days.


Oh, and I would like to mention one undisputed fact:  Depauw swallows...

2 comments:

Rita said...

I've read where the Mayor vetoed the stupid bill. So maybe there is ONE person who lives in the city that is not a complete idiot.

dragonlady474 said...

Absolutely! HB, if you were to ever run for president, you'd have my vote.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger