April 26, 2011

Communication Breakdown

I was watching the news last night with the wife. The talking head kept bragging how they were going to be live at Kate and William's wedding.

Me: Who are Kate and William?
Her: What do you mean?
She gave me that look.  You married guys know it well -- is he being a smartass or is he that ignorant?
Me: No really who are they? Kate Winslett? She is the only Kate I can think of.
Her: The Prince, he is getting married Friday.
Me: What Prince?
Her: Prince William. he is getting married. It has been all over the news for months. Kate and William.
Me:
Her: Prince William -- From England. Charles and Diana's son.  He is getting married.
Me: Diana? He is just a kid. But more importantly why would anyone care?
Her: He is like 30. Every one cares, he is the Prince.
Me: Not prince of me. He is just a leach on the British taxpayers. Why would anyone in the US care?  We threw those bums out!
Her: Don't start.
Me: Really, why would anyone care?  It is just two people getting married.  It happens a million times every day. Why would the US stations, the Today Show, cover it?  It has nothing to do with America? Who cares what some fake royalty does?
Her: I care.
Me: Why would you care?  They are nothing special. William, Charles, the queen...they are just members of the lucky sperm club. They have done nothing but be lucky in choosing their parents and grandparents.
Her:
Me: Who put them in charge? What have they done? It is a good thing I did not see the queen when i was in London.  You can bet your ass I would not have bowed.  I bow for no..
Her: Just stop.
Me: ...one. Like hell I would bow down for anyone. My forefathers fought to get rid of those people...
Her: I want to hear the weather.
Me: ...and I could not care less about any wedding...They are not better than me.
Her: I want to hear the weather.
Me: Kate and William. Hmmmph.
Her: Just quit it.
Me: D'ju see what gas prices were today?
Exasperated Her: I am going to bed.
Mumbling Me: Fucking Kate and William.

6 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

LOL! Sounds like my house almost....

Greybeard said...

Camilla. Kate.
Camilla. Kate.
Camilla. Kate.

We DO have to see them on TV now and then, and like Diana, I think Kate is one of the best things to happen to the "Royal" gene pool.
Thank you William for not picking a Camilla look-alike.
(But I'm with you. I'll be sleeping in.)

Cappy said...

My job sux big time. Some of us like the idea of Postal Fridays.

Who's with me?

Rae Rae said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Kate Winslet.

Yum.

That is all. :)

CnC said...

If you read my post I just wrote today you would swear I plagerized this blog, I swear I just read this, but it's cracking me up, great minds think alike,LOL

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger