August 11, 2011

What this nation needs is some gladitorial games

It seems to me the stock market has offered a clear referendum on President Downgrade and Congress.

The US Government is just like you and I.  Our credit rating does not get better with more spending and taking out more credit cards. If you find yourself in a credit crunch do you keep buying new TVs and iPads or do you cut out the luxuries? Do you keep taking vacations and buying jewelry?

I have read several editorials and commentaries from the typical liberal press. The common theme is that Tea Party Republicans were unreasonable and insisted on cuts and risked default in order to "win". This is not about wins and losses. This is not about helping the Republican Party or hurting the Democrat party. The debate is about doing the right thing.

I cannot be more clear. I want my representative to move the nation to a more fiscal conservative policy. I want to return to a more strict interpretation of the Constitution. I want a smaller less intrusive Government. I will vote for any candidate that supports that concept. The RINOs in charge of the Republican Party better heed the message we sent last November, or they will go the way of the Whig party.

1 comment:

Yabu (EOTIS) said...

Well said...we're on the same team.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger