December 12, 2011

Sadly, this is not a joke story from The Onion

And right here, Ladies and Gentleman, in the center ring, we have example 1,694 of why the American people have no faith in the Government.

The United States has proposed opening an UNMANNED border crossing with Mexico.  Mexican residents would scan an ID card before crossing.  They will be able to communicate with a customs officer via speaker.  The officer will be about 100 miles away. Here is the money quote:

"I think it's actually going to end up making security better," CBP spokesman William Brooks said.

Or perhaps it is this quote:

"We think we can do this without doing any damage to national security and possibly enhance security along the border by having better intelligence, better communication with people in Mexico." 
Some Americans wonder why the cities and towns of the nation are plagued by Illegal Immigrants, undocumented workers, fucking leaching criminals. The answer is simple.  They are aided and abetted by the Federal Government.

Only a Federal bureaucrat, or probably any Democrat, would believe no security is better security.

I think I fell through the looking glass sometime in the last four years.


h/t Doug Ross

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I thought I left a comment this morning.

Ed Bonderenka said...

OK, comments work.
It said something like, I need therapy.
I can actually see a reason for this.
This is a narrow crossing that is unprotected, so anyone comes across.
I have a problem with that.
But only the illegals come across. The legals have to travel a distance to a crossing to stay legal.
These are people who go back.
So why not make it easier on them to come and go legally? And encourage them to stay legal by not "shortcutting".

Dave said...

Years ago, I worked at a place that had this type of security on the weekends at the entrance I used.

Open door, walk into oversized phone booth. Door closes, show ID to camera, guard remotely unlocks inner door.

During the week, this entrance was unlocked, and manned by a guard. I don't recall ever showing my ID to him as I walked past.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger