January 7, 2012

I get up, I get down

I did not post political stuff for about a month.   Iguess I have made up for it the past few days. Every top of the hour news story, every glance at the home page, everywhere I turned the past few days I see the abuse of Big Government and my blood pressure climbs...

But it is Saturday, the coffee is hot and black, the tunes on th iPod are first rate and I am in a good mood.

The wife had some things to return to the mall last night so we ventured to the big city. The mall eventually closed and she headed toward one of the Big Department stores that was staying open late for a sale or something.  I went to the car. I drove around to the outside entrance of the Big Department store and fired up my iPod on the bluetooth audio system.

After a while she came out and I left my music on.  Now the wife is a pop music kind of girl. If she is going to listen to what she calls "oldies" it is going to be hard rock. Me? -- if you have read here long you know my tastes are a bit eclectic. To be an ass, I decided to make her listen to my music all the way home. I skipped a few I knew she would hate, and even a couple she would not mind.  Finally just the right song came on.

Yes is an squired taste and the song "Close to the Edge" even more so. The disjointed notes and weird time signature of the beginning prompted her to mumble "It sounds like they are all playing a different song". This was a live version, so the track comes it something over 18 minutes. She made it about 12 minutes before she said finally told me "This song really sucks". I just laughed and said I was waiting to see how long she could take it. I shuffled to the next tune and some Rolling Stones filled the air. We were almost home at that point anyway.

The point of this post?  It is possible that you, Dear Reader, may picture me as this sweet humble lovable teddy bear.  In your mind's eye I am a caring, considerate, polite citizen of the world.You see me as a model spouse, quick with a joke and helping hand.

In reality I am kind of an ass, sarcastic and bitter. I am prone to childish acts of revenge and cling to petty anger for way too long. Sorry to burst your bubble.


4 comments:

CnC said...

Love me some Yes! One of my favorite concerts was late 70's Yes was at MSA on a rotating stage, I was floor level about 30 feet from the stage, on the last chord of Starship Troopers, some stoner threw an M80 that landed about 10 feet from me (it wasnt you was it Joe?) the whole band jumped like they were shot.
The last time I say Yes I swore it would me my Last. it was in the (90's and Jon A. spent most of the time sitting on the stage preaching his bullshit New Age religion.

Joe said...

Wasn't me. I saw them twice in the early 1980s, even though I hated the 90125 stuff. I saw them this summer.

The second 8 track I ever bought was "Fragile" The first was Zep's The Song Remains the Same.

mmm click mmmm

Rita said...

"may picture me as this sweet humble lovable teddy bear".

Ummmmm. O K A Y.

Anyway, the only Yes song I remember was Roundabout. Loved it. But mainly because I remember the high school band playing it during the basketball games.

TheWayfarer said...

Yes is good and Rolling Stones better.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger