March 18, 2012

Our Sunday Chat

I have had this lingering cold and nagging cough for more than a week now. I tried to sleep in my bed last night, but lying horizontal brought a hacking fit, so it was back to the recliner to try and sleep. This marks night eight. I have not slept in my own bed.

I think I am going to have to break down and go to the doctor Monday. I do not feel really bad, jut a persistent hacking cough.  Now it appears I have passed the cold to my wife. I think this is one part of my life she was not the least bit interested in sharing.

The spate of nice weather has left the daffodils and other spring flowers in rapid bloom around these parts.  Some of the flowering trees in the neighborhood are in bloom. I guess I am going to have to do some yard work as the weeds are already spreading in the flower beds. I have to cut down the big grasses , too. Many around the subdivision were mowing yesterday to even up the lawn after fall and winter. I avoided the temptation despite the raggedy condition of the yard. maybe today? I fully expect Mother Nature to bring back a dose of cold reality over the next month or so. I would not mind being wrong about that though.

It is early Sunday. The sun is on the rise and it looks to be a good day. I hope you have a great one.

2 comments:

CnC said...

Thanks Joe, now I know where I got my cold!
I have been hacking for 5 days now, looks like this thing is sticking around for the long haul.
hope you get to feeling better soon,

Anonymous said...

Finally over mine and it looks like the southern pollen invasion is slacking off.
James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger