December 30, 2012

2012 -- The year in review

It is fashionable as the New Year rolls around to offer a recap of the previous year. Well you know me, I am a slave to fashion.  This post is my first ever Year in Review analysis. You might want to move back in your chair, you will find yourself increasingly on the edge and I don't want you to fall off.

There were approximately 365 days in 2012. There were 12 months and about 52 weeks. There were, in my part of the country, 4 seasons. It was alternately cold then hot then cold again. Some days were wet with rain and snow, some were dry.  Many were cloudy.  Some were bright and cheery.

I worked the requisite days for my employer. He paid me a fair wage.  At the end of the year it appears we made a bit more than we spent. I stayed in the neighborhood of 45 nights in hotels in various cities. I made about 30 plane landings. I don't think I went anywhere new. I stayed in hotels in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Oregon. There might be more.

Politically we had a Presidential election where the candidates were both less than optimal.  The takers now outnumber the makers and despite one of the worst economic records in history, The Obama breezed to a second term. Congress continues to demonstrate it is about the Power, not the People.

I managed to offer up 497 posts of varying quality -- counting this one. Most were composed with a tongue planted firmly in my left cheek. That brings the post total to 3,900 since March of 2005.

In 2012 sporting events occurred and movies were made. I watched some of both. I read some books. I slept and ate and walked and even ran a few times. I remained breathing and living throughout the year. That fact alone makes 2012 a very good year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year was somewhat below average, but next year,watch out bottom here we come.
JOG

Ed Bonderenka said...

33 hrs to the cliff!
Hands and feet inside the car at all times please.

hey teacher... said...

What, a year-in-review and no mention of Honey Boo-Boo! I will be reporting you to the year-in-review regulatory committee for such a travesty. Henceforth I suggest you be more judicious in your year end picking. Yes, I said year end picking not rear end. That sir, would be a comment of Honey Boo Boo caliber. Good Day!

Ralphd00d said...

Fair-ta-middlin' recap

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger