July 27, 2013

This is what passes for content around here

It is raining.  The sunrise was a shift from a dark gray to a light gray. The Japanese maple outside my office window is a dusky hulk of drooping leaves. It looks like it is trying to huddle up against the chilly summer rain. I need to mow the lawn.  I planned on doing it Thursday evening, but I had to make an emergency customer visit. Maybe it will dry out tomorrow.

I have been up since around 4:30. I don't know why. The day finds me in a melancholy mood.  I am not sure if it is the rain, lack of sleep, or the weight and burden of worries over life and work.  I forgot to take my medicine last night, and typing that line reminds me I failed to take them this morning too. WTF is going on? Honestly, I had to move the pill bottles to make my coffee.

I know a lady named Jan. Her name is not short for Janet. It is also not short for January. Her name is just Jan. I have known an April, a May (not Mae) and a June. I knew a guy with the last name of March. The rest of the months have failed to lend their name to people I have met.

This is a riveting post. Seriously, I am not sure why either of us bother any more.

Have a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I hate to even read what goes for news these days. Since I am now on a 4/10 schedule and our government overlords are on a 4/8 schedule life is a different pace. The good part, the government staff is still as productive as ever, even while bitching half the time about losing pay. All are union, most voted for Obama, sucks to be stupid.

James Old Guy

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

If we don't, the terrorists win.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger