April 13, 2015

So this is what road rage feels like

I found myself behind one of the biggest jerks I have encountered in palmist four decades on the nation's roadways today. I-70 is under significant reconstruction across Illinois, and the repairs are much needed. In one 7 mile stretch of one lane highway the pickup in front of me traveled the entire construction zone at FUCKING IDLE SPEED. After 1/4 mile there was nary a vehicle in front of him, he was just inching along, letting his truck go at its own speed, cell phone pressed to his ear. It took almost an hour twenty to get through the construction zone. What the he'll is wrong with people? I bet traffic was backed up 15 or 20 miles by the time we got out of the construction zone. This rat bastard's assholery delayed me enough that I hit St Louis at rush hour, and into KC two hours later than I planned. I try hard not to wish bad things on people, but this doichebag has it coming.

5 comments:

Scott said...

If I have to travel that way, I usually take old U.S. 40. It's in great shape, and there's not much traffic at all. Plus, you go through a bunch of good, Midwestern towns. It parallels I-70 to St. Louis.

Joe said...

I took US 40 home from St Louis last month it took about 20 minutes longer - but worth it

Anonymous said...

Obama sticker ?

hey teacher... said...

Probably Mike Pence on a conference call with the Koch Bros. And his other ALEC buddies.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Probably Pat Bauer drunk dialing Brian Bosma to ask him where his hair is.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger