May 12, 2015

About last night

We had some shredded pork BBQ in the freezer. I boiled some bow tie pasta and elbow macaroni together and made some macaroni salad. I deviled the extra eggs and thinly sliced some sweet onions and fried up a batch of onion rings. Nothing gourmet here, but still a feast.

I washed up the pans and ran the plates and cups through the dishwasher. I plopped on the couch to watch baseball while the wife did some laundry. I sat with her and watched a recording of last night's episode of "The Voice" before going to bed.

This morning I threw on yesterday's faded Cubs T-shirt. I could faintly smell the grease from the onion rings as it slid over my head. My morning coffee is hot. My wife is downstairs watching the morning news and playing with the baby. I am planning next week's business meetings. The sky has a fresh scrubbed look after yesterday's rain. This post has no point.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Of course it has a point. The point is that it has no point.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger