October 3, 2015

Coming up with compelling post titles is hard

It is a blustery fall day. It is wet, rainy and windy,  Wait, isn't that the definition of "blustery"? That makes this paragraph redundantly repetitive.

I spent yesterday in beautiful Bloomington, IN at the youngest kid's college apartment. He had all four wisdom teeth extracted. When I left around eight last night he was doing remarkably well. The bleeding had stopped and he only had a little swelling. We will see how he is doing today. I took a couple of cans of chicken noodle soup with me. I was sure his stock of groceries was nil. I was right. Almost every dish and pan was dirty. I heated the soup in a skillet. The sink was full of dirty dishes even though he has a dishwasher. No, I did not clean up the mess. I did go buy some groceries for him, including some soft foods like pre-made mashed potatoes and mac & cheese for him to eat this weekend. He and his roommate did have plenty of booze on hand like most college kids.


Sorry. I'm back now. I went downstairs to get more coffee. I sure wish you would go out and get me a sausage and egg McMuffin. I work hard to keep you entertained, informed, and educated with riveting content like this post. All I ask in return is a crappy breakfast sandwich. You don't have to feed it to me or anything. Just go get it. I'll meet you at my front door; just call when you are close. No, I don't really want to have a discussion with you, we don't need to actually, you know, meet. Just hand me the bag and leave. Don't forget the hash browns. Thanks. Could you hurry? I'm sorta hungry.

The President continues to blame the NRA and Republicans for the actions of a crazed killer, citing their failure to pass legislation that has never been introduced, proposed, or even outlined in the broadest terms beyond outlawing so-called "assault weapons" which are rarely used in these type of crimes, or any crimes for that matter. Yep, if only the "bitter clingers"with their Bibles and guns would allow Congress to do what Obama has failed to propose, none of this would happen. Washington DC, I fart in your general direction.

Have a good Saturday and where are you with that sandwich?

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

JOG found a compelling title:
https://jamesoldguy.wordpress.com/2015/10/03/its-raining-assholes/

Ed Bonderenka said...

"Washington DC, I fart in your general direction."
I wondered what that was.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger