April 6, 2016

I was out choppin cotton, and my brother was balin' hay

I cooked a chuck roast in the Crock Pot yesterday. Mashed spuds, green bean casserole and warm rolls rounded out the dinner. For no particular reason I dug out the good China and we ate at the dining room table.  That was the good part of yesterday evening.

About eleven o'clock the wife moseyed off to bed. All evening I did not feel too well. My head felt like it was clamped tight in a vise. I was achy all over. I was watching the Cubbies and felt like I was going to be sick. Diarrhea and nausea haunted me all night. I slept in short bursts, one minute shivering with cold the next I was throwing off the sheets in sweat. I had intense, strange dreams in between trips to the bathroom.  I think I might have a touch of the flu. I know at this point I have already crapped food I'm going to eat next week. Since the wife is fine I don't think it is my cooking.

Look at how devoted I am to you. I'm sick. Most people would likely be in the hospital, surrounded by doctors and caring nurses if they felt like I do right now. Yet here I am chugging out a post. That is dedication, my friends.

2 comments:

hey teacher... said...

Did you REALLY write this today or did you write it months ago and bank it so when you did become sick you could post it for us and we would forever follow you because of your undying dedication to us, your blogettes? Any way I hope you feel better. Either now or months ago.

Anonymous said...

This post was actually live

Last week, not so much

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger