August 29, 2017

Bacterial time bomb

Yesterday evening I came down from work. I sat on the couch and without warning I suddenly felt a cold coming on. My head started to throb. My sinuses filled and my throat got scratchy --all at once. The wife sneezed a couple of times and grabbed a tissue. She looked at me and said "I think I'm getting a cold. It hit all of a sudden" .

Do do doo do 

How weird is that?

She said she feels lousy this morning. Me too. I'm probably much sicker though. It is a man thing. Most folks would probably be at the ER if they felt as bad as I do today. Fact.

I got out of bed around 2:30 AM. I could only sleep if I was half-propped on the couch. I think I slept in ten minute snatches all night. I'm sitting here snotting in copious quantities. Someone rubbed my tonsil-free throat with sandpaper. I'm mouth breathing like your typical KKKer.

I'll try not to breathe on you.

I'm pretty sick, but I suppose there's one or two people in Texas worse off than I am. send your prayers their way. I'll survive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a cold or sinus issues most of the summer, or maybe I am just getting old and on deaths door.


James Old GUy

Ed Bonderenka said...

Any better today?

Joe said...

Yes. My debilitating illness did not stop me from seeing customers and travelling. I am tne Typhoid Mary of my generation.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger