October 16, 2017

Conclusions

Here we are on a chilly fall Monday. Naming the weekend unremarkable is an understatement. I mowed the lawn Saturday. Yesterday was wet and gloomy. I think it is clear that my choice in shirts has nothing to do with the performance of my sporting team. Who knew?

Looking in the mirror yesterday while shaving I came to another conclusion; at 35 I looked 25. At 55 I look 65. Stuff always averages out in life. And yes, I was still getting carded at the beer store when I was in my mid-thirties. I always looked young in my youth. I paid kid prices at the movies until I got caught. The same clerk sold me a "child" ticket on Friday and remembered me when I wanted to see an "R" movie on Saturday. I was old enough for the adult movie, but my days of cheap kiddie tickets were over. I bought a senior ticket the last time we went to the cinema, even though it said you had to be 60. I'm not into Senior discounts, except the movie theater is so darn expensive.

Enough empty rambling. Have a good Monday.

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

At 58, I look like George RR Martin, who is 69.

Although I haven't had anyone ask me about that lately :) Possibly the 30 pounds I've lost since February have something to do with that.

Joe said...

Congrats

But would you just finish the book already?

Ha ha

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger