January 26, 2018

Which works better, worms or lures, for click bait?

It is Friday at last. Too bad it is not also pay day. It is clear and bright. Jet contrails streak the pinkish-blue morning sky. We are expected to break 50 degrees today. That is a far cry from the weather that wracked the area forty years ago. Thirty inches of snow followed by extreme cold and high winds left the area nearly paralyzed. Drifts fifteen feet high piled up around buildings and houses.

It was during this Blizzard of '78 that my wife's father died. She recounts how she had to brave the weather to get to her sister's, who had no phone, to break the news. How the relatives were unable to get to the funeral. Sometimes I fail to fully appreciate how hard that must have been for her to lose her father at 16 years old. This all happened before we started dating.

Part of the ongoing story of the hit series "This is Us" centers on the loss of the father when the three kids were teenagers. I asked my wife, who loves the show, if it dredged up painful memories. We have never talked in detail about her loss. It is strange how you can know someone for forty years and still not really know them. Neither of us are the type to sit around talking about "feelings".

As far as I know, we have no big plans for the weekend. On the other hand, I do not function as the social chairman at the old homestead. I am sure I will be informed when I have the "need to know".

Have a great Friday. Don't worry, no Friday Music video for you not to watch.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger