April 27, 2018

Nary a trace of rancor

Happy Friday, readers.

I hope this spring day finds you well. Me? I'm great. It is seasonably warm and sunny. I'm inside working. So it goes.

I called a service to treat my yard. It needs fertilizer and weed control. I priced the stuff myself and the service is cheaper and hopefully will apply more evenly than I can do it. I live on a cul-de-sac, so I have neighbors' yards on three sides. None treat their weeds, so battling against a solid carpet of yellow dandelions in the neighbor's yard is a never-ending battle.

I have a ton of sticks to pick up, so I know how my weekend will be spent. I need to mow in the back.  I love my giant willow, but boy, does it make a mess.

Looking around last evening as I burned a cheap stogie in the mild evening air, it appears the boy's dog is wearing a path into the yard as he races from the back door to the far corner of the yard every time he goes out. I don't know how to get him to run another direction. 

Have a great Friday.

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

The way I recover a worn path is to place objects on the path. People are forced to walk around. I assume a dog would run around objects in his path, too. Try putting a flower pot, lawn chair, or anything that can be easily moved. You do not have to cover the path completely with objects. About every 10 or six feet will work.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger