October 25, 2018

What is all about, Alfie?

For the more than thirteen years I have been writing here I have tried to come to terms on what this blog is about. It isn't a political blog, although we discuss politics.  It isn't a humor blog, though I think I am occasionally amusing. It isn't a hobby blog. I guess it is just a slice of life blog, or at least the sliver of my life I choose to share nearly every morning.

I write about politics or the events that affect me at a given moment in time. I guess it is a near-anonymous journal where I leave out most of the personal details that are interesting, salacious, embarrassing, and trite.

A few weeks after I started this blog my grandmother passed away. I chronicled my kids as they graduated high school and college. My mother-in-law died after a long bout with cancer. I had grandchildren born. My mother died. My grandson died. We played sports, watched movies. I argued with idiots in the comments. I had some great discussions too. We have learned a little bit in our regular  communications. I have started and lost jobs. We have moved houses and even cities of residence. I have chronicled vacations and business trips. In short, I have offered a peep show through a tiny fish eye lens set into the steel door of my real life.

I guess that is what this place is about: Life. It took me almost a decade and a half to figure it out.

I guess I am a bit dense at times. On the other hand, I don't suppose it matters to you a whit.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. We are all doing fine. The funeral is tomorrow. It will be tough, but I have had a while to prepare.

I have a canned joke ready for Saturday. Normal nonsense may resume Sunday, unless I need to blow off steam in the interim.

1 comment:

dragonlady474 said...

Don't feel pressured to do anything. Just take a moment and grieve, in whatever way you feel is best for you. Just don't forget to remember the good times, and smile.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger