March 15, 2020

Sneaky Pete

Normally I like to fix a nice meal for Sunday dinner: Ham loaf*, pot roast, fried chicken, etc.. Last evening I was discussing the possibilities with the wife and she declared a serious jones for homemade potato soup and a BLT. OK. The only problem is the hoarders have scooped up all of the bread from the grocery aisles. So, ever the good soldier, I schlepped down to the local food emporium upon waking - yes, even before coffee - to see if there was an overnight bread delivery. Alas, a small shipment had arrived; 30 or 40 loaves were on hand. It wasn’t the wife’s preferred brand, but tough. I grabbed some extra ‘maters and another pound of bacon to replace the one I’ll use up this evening. I only grabbed a single loaf. You might need some. That’s all I needed.

I guess all of these food shortages and lack of loo paper are just a foreshadowing of life under Bernie Bro communism. But at least we will all be able to read. Spit.

We had snow all day yesterday, leaving the ground covered in a thin layer of white stuff. What a change from the spring-like weather we have been enjoying. Despair not, warm weather is heading back.

Two, is it a Doublemint commercial?
I’m ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille


Here is an early evening rainbow (actually double rainbow) taken from the side street behind my house just a couple of weeks ago**. Go ahead and embiggin, should you desire. Before you ask, it is a baseball diamond.

Ha, I sneaked in some Sunday Pictures when you weren’t paying attention.

Enjoy your Sunday, and don’t hoard the toilet paper, it ain’t dysentery, as LSP reminds us.

* My preferred choice, but I can live with spud soup.
** March 8, 2020 for those of you who like exactitude.

4 comments:

The Conservative Lady said...

Oh Boy, we sure do live in interesting times!
Americans have a need for things now that we are bunkering down for the duration of this Cardona Virus thing. Boy God has created a very strange world. We seem to be in the need for Toilet Paper more than we are for food.
Personally I loaded my house up with Pizza, and Hot Dogs, to the Hell with Toi;et Pater. We have lots of trees out where I live and I can always use the leaves from the trees to wipe myself clean.

I haven’t seen emptied store shelves at least here on the west coast since I was a teen during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
My mother’s words that she often uttered haunted my head as I waited in line at the grocery store. I only needed some milk. She said as we looked around at the empty shelves” the bloody alarmists” . She had lived through and survived the Blitz in Lndon as a teen.

Many Americans have become alarmists, I personally rely on Michele Obama’s words as important reminder to have faith and rely on God.
She always said, “The hell with Toilet Paper, we need lots of Lobster, and Caviar” But Caviar has become So Damn Expensive, that I think I’m going to give it up.

Also, I amused my self in the Grocery Store line to noted the items chosen by people that appear to be their secret stash for the end of the world, like Rice and Beans, and plenty of cigarette. Good Luck to us all. And by the way as Robert the Nero so correctly said. Fuck Trump.

glasslass said...

Just saw this comment on OldNFO but listed under TheShadow. Interesting. Ham Loaf, lord I loved my Aunt's ham loaf growing up but when she died I was too young and stupid to get the recipe. Any possibility of you posting your recipe? Wondering if there's any ham or pork left in the store.

Joe said...

Sure I’ll put up he recipein the next few days

Ed Bonderenka said...

Don't make me wait too long.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger