April 18, 2020

I don’t think that is going up on the living room wall

It dig that painting below. It by Alphonse de Neuville and called “The Defence of Rorke’s Drift”.

My office walls are currently decorated with sports-themed stuff: a large picture of Wrigley Field, One of Lucas Oil Stadium, a framed picture of The Chicago Tribune front page from a certain day in 2016 (Ahem, I will describe it no further out of respect for my internet friend Jean).

One day, I would like to change those decorations with other prints, like the one below or perhaps the cowboys around the campfire I discussed back in a post from 1937. 

I don’t know. I like the way my office is decorated. What I need is a giant man cave where I can have room to put up any art that catches my fancy.  Of course that would involve actually buying lottery tickets...


3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

My friend told me it was about the battle with Zulus. He keeps telling me more and more. Soon, I can lecture on it. He knows history very well.

Jean said...

You are too kind. Well, kind enough.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I'd put that up on my living room wall.

I'd be divorced soon after, but I'd do it.

Well, OK, maybe not. Like you say in a later post, happy wife, happy life.

:)

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger