June 18, 2020

Humph

I could rant and complain. I had a most unpleasant experience at my local Ford dealership this morning. I thought my a/c was fixed a few weeks ago. Nope. After spending a couple hundred then, I learn a whole new compressor is now required. The new repair cost is more than $700. I don’t have it, we will have to roll down the windows. Those two Franklins are gone, don’t apply, too bad for Joe.

I will take it somewhere else for a second opinion next week. I have never been at this particular Ford dealership for service that my car, and everyone else in the waiting room, did not “need” additional work. It’s too bad they are but a couple of miles down the road, but I think I have gone there for service for the last time.

I guess I ranted and complained anyway.

4 comments:

squeeky's mom said...

Three years ago I also took my car back to the dealership because of the A/C and had the too bad so sad but you need a new compressor. Not having the $ I drove for a while with the windows down when a friend noticed and asked why. Told him the story and he suggested a mechanic in town. When they came out they asked if I wanted them to check for a leak prior to putting in Freon? Okay with me and no leak was found, so they filled it with Freon and I was good to go. The cold air lasted about 4 months, got me through the worst of summer. Last 2 years I take it in, they fill it with coolant and I'm ready for summer. When i asked them about the compressor, they just smiled and said it's not needed. They've gotten all my business since. Oh, the dealership is now out of business.

Practical Parsimony said...

I hate places like that. I have my stories, too.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Like squeeky's mom said...

Anonymous said...

When the tech does not know why the unit isn't working, he just keeps replacing parts in the hope he will hit on something.....Find a good mechanic.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger