October 18, 2020

Beef or pork, that’s the question of the day

I heard a few raindrops splattering on the skylight while performing my morning abolutions. It is chilly again this morning, but not as cold as yesterday. I have the day off and my tired and sore body is thankful. The rain and cold will likely put the kibosh on leaf raking, yard maintenance or garage cleaning. I’m thankful for that too. 

I have had the opening shift at the big box all week. I don’t mind the opening shift at work. The early start means an early afternoon quitting time, but that shift involves a lot of downstocking and lifting. The regular morning guy was on vacation last week, so I was the lucky fill-in. I’m also on the opening roster a bunch in the next few weeks, including next Saturday. And that is after closing on Friday night. There is nothing like knowing you will have to be back at work a mere eight hours after you clocked out. I pray a real, decent paying job comes along soon so I can get out of retail before the holiday crush — and the bank decides they need my house and car worse than I do. All of which keeps me up at night, thus the early shift is no burden. I was awake anyway. 

You didn’t come here to read my complaints. I sure hope not anyway.

My first cup of coffee is about gone and I’ve mostly run out of words. I suppose I will refill my cup and go see what words of wisdom are written on your blog this morning. 

Have a great Sunday. 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hope you can enjoy your day off.

Practical Parsimony said...

I had an injury and job loss and was about to lose my house and car. I put both in ch 13 and saved both. In ch 13, I paid every dime I owed.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger