October 30, 2020

Random Ramblings

Here we are, early on a Friday. Very early. I woke around 4:30 and stared at the ceiling until I got up around five. 

We have worked out things and a new furnace will be installed next week. Woot and yay! Since it is an uncomfortable fifty-nine in here right now, any warmth is a welcome prospect. It is interesting to discover in the absence of heat, just where the drafty places are in the house. Clearly, someday when things are better, we need new windows and doors. 

A worry for a far distant future. 

Halloween comes tomorrow. I expect turnout to be low here at the old homestead. Not just because of the weareallgonnadie virus. Trick or a treaters never show up at the cul-de-sac. I suppose we have had thirty or forty kids show up bag in hand total over the past seven years. Once Halloween is past us we move right into Thanksgiving and Christmas. I’m good with that. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Christmas trees and decorations have been out for a month at work. Hallmark has kicked off the Christmas movie marathon. It is cold. Now I just need a new job by Christmas. 

Since it is somewhat of a tradition, what say we have a little music on this autumn Friday? I was going to put up some New a Wave punk. How about something more in tune with the season? Have a great Friday.



3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Glad for you to get heat.

hey teacher... said...

No sound on the Raven that’s ok. I played for all my classes on Friday. Loved it since 1976. Heard in while at summer yearbook camp at IU I was going into my senior year in HS.
We thought we were hot #$&@. Living in the dorms listening to college radio.

Joe said...

Weird, the sound works when I click it

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger