February 23, 2021

Tuesday afternoon

Yeah, I really don't have much to say. 

Thank you for all of your kind words. I mean it -- it touches me that my internet friends, strangers really, care enough to comment upon my life's tragedies.

Mostly, this is an effort to move that post down. 

Done.

We are in the midst of a big warm up. Temps are in the forties today, The snow is finally melting.  

I guess this is going to be a post of random non sequiturs. That is nothing new either.

The only good thing to come from my dad's passing is my son is coming home from Colorado for a couple of days.  It has been more than a year since I saw him last -- when he surprised me for Christmas in 2019. It will be very, very good to see him.

Is it strange that I find the posts I think are among the best (grading on a curve, obviously) are those that I have written regarding the deaths in my family since I started writing this blog -- my grandmother, my mother-in-law, my grandson, my mom, and now my dad? Your opinion may vary. My opinion of this notion may change upon a whim. Memory is a strange thing, I don't reread my writings often, and I usually skip the painful ones, so my viewpoint could be more than a little skewed. They have certainly been the hardest to write. Perhaps I equate effort with quality? 

Bippity, boppity, boo. I should have put up the bad joke I intended when I started typing. 

Now you know what to expect tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to offer my condolences yesterday.
May God our Father lead and guide and comfort you in the days to come.
The passing of my father was similar.
As David said, He shall not come to me, but I shall go to him.

Jean said...

Heartfelt, be it pain or joy, makes it worth the time.

Joe said...

Thank you

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger