June 28, 2021

If the stores are all closed

 Monday. A new work week. Yay. 

I hope you can feel my enthusiasm. 

The work week at the Big Box starts on a Saturday. The schedulers routinely make use of this to get one to work long stretches. For instance if I’m off on Monday and Tuesday, they will give me Thursday and Friday of the following week off, making for eight straight days of work. I’m slated to work 16 of the next 19 days. At no point do I get two days off in a row. I work various shifts, going in as early as 5:30 AM and ending as late as midnight. I can’t understand why my injured foot isn’t getting better…

Sorry. No one wants to read my complaints. Yes, I am taking steps to find something better.

For Father’s Day my daughter signed me up for a service that sends me questions each week. I write my story, and at the end of the year my responses are compiled into a book. That way my family will know all about me for posterity. It is a cool idea. Last week’s question was have I ever won anything, and my post about the DAR medal was what I submitted (then copied it here). I guess I could have just referenced the mass of words spewed on this anonymous blog over the years and save everyone the time. Perhaps, on second thought, that wouldn’t be so wise. I suspect my political views would make all three of my kids weep. Certainly my overuse of profanity in the early years would be a bit embarrassing. I guess I’ll just answer the questions as they arrive each week as required.

Oh well, I have to pack my lunch and head to work. Have a great Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, there is LOTS of hiring going on 'round here. In fact, I heard an ad on the radio last week that a company selling the same widgets I believe you used to sell is desperately seeking help.

Just tossin' it out there, my old friend.

Freddie

J A said...

I have been wanting to write a memoir for my children. What is the name of the company that is sending you the questionnaire? That sounds like a great service.

Practical Parsimony said...

That kind of work schedule would be hard on a young able-bodied person!

Joe said...

It is called storyworth

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger