August 21, 2021

It is a game show

Now the Wokabees have come for the game show hosts. For some it was inexcusable that a non-POC was chosen to host Jeopardy. So in retaliation they poked and prodded until some dirt was found from the new host’s past and forced him to give up the gig. 

Richards wasn’t my first choice, but I was able to put things in perspective. It is a half hour game show on television. It really makes no difference in my life who hosts it. I will watch or not watch. Whatever. 

I’m not sure I want to live in a society that is totally unforgiving. Where we are all subject to purity tests we are doomed to fail. 

It is time corporate America stood up to the chattering mob. The Twitter universe is not the real public. How many of the perpetually outraged watched Jeopardy anyway? 

I have said and written plenty that I regret. I like to think I’ve grown over time. I prefer to believe we can be forgiven for our sins. What is hope without redemption? 

We need to quit holding people to impossible standards we couldn’t meet ourselves. 

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

That was my thought exactly--do these people really watch Jeopardy or do they just monitor others' choices to object.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger