September 12, 2021

We all know Quake was crap

I was standing in the kitchen this morning staring at the Keurig, waiting on my coffee. My brain was on full auto. Things were zipping around my cranium like shaking marbles in a can. But I wasn’t really thinking. I don’t know how long I stood there in a haze before I realized coffee wasn’t coming. I looked at the machine. That little blue light was screaming silently for water. I shook off that far-away look and feeling and put the reservoir under the tap. Ah, now there was coffee. 

I absentmindedly chewed a piece of red licorice. Yeah, probably not the breakfast my doctor envisioned. 

Darkness is lingering a little longer each morning. Despite today’s expected 90 degree weather, fall is nearly upon us. Football starts in earnest today. A few leaves on the trees are quitting early and dropping. The summer flowers on the porch are losing their luster. Except for that one day lily out back that inexplicably keeps pumping out solitary blooms. Soon the wife will be dragging out her fall decorations and talking about pumpkins and mums replacing the pots of geraniums. 

I think I’ll grab some milk and cereal and have a real breakfast.


I wish it was Quisp. I’ll settle for some frosted Mini Wheats instead. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What really sucks is when you have your coffee set to be ready when you wake up, and you stumble to a red light and a hot empty pot because YOU FORGOT to put the water in.

Btw, Have you seen this? NSFW (does that stuff even apply anymore...?)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/college-students-chant-fk-joe-biden-at-football-games

Glimmers maybe?


Fred

Joe said...

You gotta love it

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger