November 27, 2021

Dear Crest Toothpaste

The packaging engineer at P&G who designed the new snap closure on Crest needs to be flogged. It is impossible to close the tube without squeezing in the middle. Everyone knows squeezing the toothpaste in the middle is uncouth, evil, wrong, and a capital offense. There is no argument on this. Some of you heathens may roll your toilet paper from the back or might even eat ketchup on a hot dog. But squeezing the toothpaste anywhere but the bottom is unforgivable.

This new cap upsets me enough I might switch to another brand of toothpaste. I’ve used Crest for my entire life and P&G is about to destroy nearly sixty years of loyalty to save a fraction of a cent. 


How dare you make such an indecent packaging change. Five hundred lashes! And lay it on strong, corporal.

4 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

When I did a web search to see this new closure, I first found your blog, and then this:
https://news.yahoo.com/crest-terrible-leaking-toothpaste-problem-190900421.html

Joe said...

Indeed. Glad to know I’m not the only one.

Bring back the screw top!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

What "new" snap closure? They've had a snap closure on the Pro-Health tubes for years. In fact, I got pissed when my wife bought a few tubes during the pandemic and they'd gone back to the screw cap, probably due to supply chain issues now that I think about it. (Luckily the snap caps are reusable, just clean them out before putting them on a new tube.)

I mean, if you make a mess of the cap like the one shown in the article Ed linked, and don't bother to clean it up ever, yeah, the cap won't snap, and it will leak.

I'm unconcerned about the "squeeze in the middle" problem as that can be fixed easily enough. And yeah, we store the tubes cap-side down because THAT'S THE WAY THEY'RE DESIGNED.

Joe said...

New on regular toothpaste

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger