December 30, 2021

The Big Wrap Up Edition

 Here we are, December 30th. Time for the annual year-end retrospective. (Aside, in my head this paragraph sounds like Howard Cosell is reading it. I don’t know why)

Nope. Things happened. They did to you too. I will leave the analysis to someone for more talented and wise than am I. 

It remains semi-unseasonably warm but cloudy here at the homestead. I can live with temperatures in the forties in January. 

So far we have no big New Years Eve plans. Our normal New Year couple is not an option. He died. She will hang with her family. Our other good friends are in sunny climes enjoying a mini-vacation this week. I guess we will grab some dinner and maybe a movie. Life is sure boring when you are old. Could you imagine me and the wife out at a club grooving to hip hop or whatever they listen to these days? We are many decades removed from the big holiday bashes at the Holidome in Lebanon, replete with live bands and plenty of booze. *

We need to make more friends. Too bad one of us is anti-social and the other is one of the sweetest women you will ever meet. 

That is tomorrow’s worry. Today I have important stuff to do like…or maybe…

Yeah. 

Have a great day.

*of course that reference has no meaning to any of you.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only the 30th maybe today and tomorrow will bring something exciting:)
Margi

Practical Parsimony said...

It sure puts a kink in the social life when a friend dies...lol.

Ed Bonderenka said...

2022. Whoop de doo.
I had few high hopes for 2021.
I am looking forward to November though.

Cappy said...

We got take out Chinese and the original Producers tonight.

Also, Go Beercats!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger