February 26, 2022

Knowing me, Knowing you, uhh huh

It is strange that on weekdays I need the alarm to wake, yet on a weekend I wake up on my own, earlier than on a week day. It isn’t like I am excited for Saturday adventures. I pass most weekends doing nothing beyond reading or watching movies. I occasionally help out with chores. In the summer there is stuff. Now, it is still cold and blah outside. 

I have ABBA music stuck in my head this morning. I don’t know why. I don’t want it to be bouncing around in my cranium. 

Yesterday was a most productive day at work. I’m starting to understand what is going on. Well, a little, which means I have so much to learn. The big news is we wrapped negotiations with really Big Customer  and a new agreement is in place. That is very good. I will readily admit my boss did pretty much all of that, but like the Shake N Bake kids, I helped.



I ordered a new winter coat off the Big River in Brazil. I know, spring is a month or so away. My coat is at least ten years old and it is thin, really more of a medium weight coat. In the olden days I was always warm. I wore short sleeves all winter and it took sub-zero temps before I even zipped my coat. 

These days I am always cold. I wear a sweatshirt most days. I wear a fleece or sweatshirt under my coat when I go out. I just need a warmer winter coat. I just hate spending the money. Anyway I ordered a nice Columbia coat. 

It didn’t arrive. It was delayed. They couldn’t find it. They finally told me to just cancel the order for a refund.  I finally got my money and went to reorder. Guess what, the price has gone up more than $50! Coincidence? Yes. Irritating? Yes. I now have a different coat on the way. So it goes. The new one is cheaper than the original anyway. Nope. Canceled the order. They have given me an APRIL 1 delivery. No point in that. 

I’m off to find some breakfast. My heart says donuts. My brain says Raisin Bran. The imp in me says rum and orange juice. 

I guess I’ll have a granola bar. The other three of you personalities can just suck it. 

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

My children never could wake up for school, but on Saturday, they were bouncing out of bed!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger