March 1, 2022

Darkness on the Edge of Town

I read an article this morning in USAToday claiming more Americans than ever are afraid of the dark. I’m not going to link because I’m lazy. 

If you are one of those people then I’m sorry. I’m terrified of snakes. We all have our fears. 

What I’m skeptical is the claim that the reason more people are afraid of the dark is because of the Wuhan Flu pandemic. COVID, is there anything it can’t do? It is the catch-all and blame sponge for everything. Government overreach? COVID. Rationale to steal trucker’s bank accounts? COVID.  High gas prices, inflation, Brandon’s memory lapses? COVID. Some have even claimed the virus is racist. But then what isn’t these days? 

I went to the bank yesterday. I was in the drive-through because you cannot go in since Bat Flu. The nice teller lady came on the camera. She was wearing a mask. I bet she agrees, that corporate policy is dumb. I can’t infect her through electronic medium, but there you have it. 

Unless she is one of those people who drive around masked up in her car, even when she is alone. If so, I guess she totes a flashlight around after dark too.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I asked a guy I work with today, why he was still wearing a mask?
He said because we have to .
Somehow he missed the memo.
He ripped it off.

Ed Bonderenka said...

BTW, I just haven't bothered to comply.

Cappy said...

I'm afraid of the dork.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger