March 21, 2022

Surprisingly Good

Saturday, the wife slept late then she messed around doing whatever she does. Finally around 1:30 I asked if she wanted lunch. She replied she wasn’t too hungry and since we were going out for dinner for my birthday, she was going to skip lunch. I wasn’t really hungry anyway, so I didn’t complain. 

Just before five she told me I had to put on something besides a T-shirt and jeans. She had made a reservation. I whined, told her we couldn’t afford an expensive dinner. I lost, she said it was my sixtieth and that was cause for celebration. 

We went to Harry and Izzy’s up on the north side. There I was surprised to find my daughter and son-in-law, my oldest granddaughter, and our best friends waiting! It was a great surprise. We had a great dinner. 

After dinner, the boys had a further surprise for me . We piled in my buddy’s truck and drove a block down the street to Blend cigar bar. There, I was treated to a very nice stogie and a beer as a nightcap. 

My wife in celebration of the evening gave me this hilarious statue of a monkey smoking a cigar:


It is about 6” tall and completely silly. But it will sit nice in my office. I probably won’t make it the background for the many Teams meetings we have at work though. 

In all it was one of the best birthdays I have had, even though it was technically a day early. 

3 comments:

Cappy said...

Happy Birthday Joe!

RI1 said...

Happy Birthday.

Joe said...

Thank you

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger