April 16, 2022

Please don't bother tryin' to find her She's not there

I’m glad we have that global warming thing going as a fairly cold spring rumbles on. Temps are expected to hover in the fifties for a while yet. 

Did you see the video of Brandon trying to shake hands with no one after a speech in North Carolina? Some offered scorn and derision. I found it remarkably sad. He wandered the stage before finally finding the stairs. 



I had the day off yesterday. I wasn’t as productive as I should have been. I ended working a bit. I went out for Chinese food for lunch and pretty much did the couch potato thing the rest of the time. Oh wait, I did cut down some mulberry tree shoots and spray the outside for ants. I also put some weed killer on the emerging dandelions. Of course killing the weeds in my front yard would leave pretty much no green at all! My yard likely needs professional help. Lawn services were one of the first expenses cut during the great low period. 

I think we are meeting...hold on.

Sorry, I had to see what that racket outside was. Seems the neighbor is getting a new roof and the tear off of the old one has started. It is just after 7 AM on a Saturday!

I think we are meeting some friends for dinner then they are coming over for some Euchre this evening. Fun and laughs are on tap. 

I guess I’ll leave you with some music that echoes a Biden’s search for a handshake partner:



2 comments:

Cappy said...

Sad.

Greybeard said...

The only thing worse than being awakened by construction activity at 0700?
Being awakened by neighbor's Labradoodle barking at Whitetails @ 0600,
(The result of sleeping with windows open.)

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger