May 1, 2022

Attention-Grabbing Title

Yesterday passed without much activity to note. In the morning I drank coffee and...IDK. I guess I read, watched TV, and perused your blogs. The wife went to a craft show. In the afternoon the youngest granddaughter came to hangout while her older sister went to a Tai Kwan Do competition. Afterward, we went with the girls to dinner. The SIL is out of town. 

After dinner the wife and I went to a movie for the first time in about 200 years. Going to the movies has always been one of the things we really enjoy doing together. Most of our earliest dates involved the theater and our passion for cinema never waned. Unfortunately, today’s movie offerings seem to lean heavily on comic book characters, a genre neither of us really enjoys. 

I saw the local cinema is having a special showing of The Wizard of Oz next weekend. I’ve seen the classic Judy Garland vehicle more times than I can count on my fingers, toes, ears, and nose combined, but I have never seen it on the big screen. It might be worth the ticket price to experience it. Plus warm popcorn...

On the way to the movies we heard the sad news Naomi Judd passed away. No doubt the daughter was the more talented, but Mom had an angelic voice and her harmonies were always just perfect. Pretty dang easy on the eyes too. 





3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

"daughter was the more talented," if by talented you mean pretty and a certified nut job.

Joe said...

I was thinking more about her singing partner daughter, but yes, the youngest is pretty and a certified nut job leftist.

Greybeard said...

"More talented"?
Debatable. W sure would NOT have made it in the biz without her Mother's help.
I'm saddened learning Naomi was probably so miserable she took her own life. Her daughter's (2) input into her life may have been a factor?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger