May 14, 2022

You Know a Melody Can Move Me

Last night after supper I moseyed out to the patio to enjoy the warm spring evening. I lit a cigar and turned on some music. I had an unopened book on my lap. Robins flew from branch to ground to branch in a flurry of activity. A bunny shot across the yard to hide behind the hostas. The crab apples were in blossom and I could just make out the scent of the-just-starting-to-bloom lilacs behind me. 

Jet contrails etched the sky as I tried out my new Monkey ashtray  I bought last month because it was cheap and amusing. As classic rock played in the background, my worries and cares drifted into the evening sky with the smoke from the stogie. I was content for the first time in a long while. I offered a silent prayer of thanks. 




2 comments:

glasslass said...

Thanks, I had forgotten that song. Off it put it on my list.

Ed Bonderenka said...

That takes me back.
Just got done listening to Little Feat, Feats Don't Fail Me Now. That also took me back.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger