June 1, 2022

Lifesavers Under my Umbrella

I am so bored with the old blog. I am certain you are too. I could complain about gas pushing $5 a gallon, but what is the point? The same people who told us how dumb GW was turn a blind eye as this administration stumble bumbles through crisis of mostly their own creation aided and abetted by a biased and willing press. 

Non sequitur warning. I may have mentioned it before, once upon a time I was a librarian. Yes, and let me tell you, a librarian convention is not nearly as fun and exciting as you might imagine. Every time a new magazine came in to the library it would have to be prepared: seams taped and reinforced, pocket put in for the borrower card, etc.. One clerk refused to process the Playboy. For some reason I was always given the job. I spent two days a week at the main library. The other three days I ran my own tiny little branch library out in a small town of a couple thousand residents in the county. We didn’t carry Playboy at the branch. I spent two long years working for just over minimum wage there in redacted. We did have Choose Your Own Adventure books for the kids.

Ok, in that spirit, it is choose your adventure time here at FiI. Do you want a music selection to round out this poor excuse for entertainment or a joke? You choose one or the other, but not both. The video is next. The dirty joke is below the fold. Let me know which you chose.






Two elderly ladies are sitting on the front porch, doing nothing.
One old lady turns to the other and asks,
“Do you still get horny?”
The other replies, “Oh sure I do.”
The first old lady asks,
“What do you do about it?”
The second old lady replies,
“I suck a lifesaver.”
After a few moments,
the first old lady asks…
“Who drives you to the beach?”

6 comments:

glasslass said...

Oh, thanks for the laugh out loud moment. I am one of those little old ladies. I used to call my best friend in Tx when you would post the jokes as she loved to laugh. Sadly her mind has left the building but she would have loved this one. But I also like most, not all, of your music. I'm from a totally different era. Now Elvis! Yum.

Joe said...

Glass lasts, I love Elvis. I dig his movies, listen to his music. I’ve been to Graceland twice,

The story is probably in the archives. Maybe.

Practical Parsimony said...

If I have to choose, I want jokes. I have been to Graceland hundreds of times. I have only paid to go in once. I lived a mile or so on the same road as Graceland. I lived there when he lived in his house, so in-laws had to stop at Graceland every day when they visited from New York. We drove them.

Joe said...

I had a customer in Southaven and I drove right past Graceland several times, visiting twice.

Practical Parsimony said...


Southaven was where I lived.

Cappy said...

My baby sister got her start in the exciting world of libraries as a seam taper.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger