October 21, 2022

Hey little sister

I guess, based on views, the Thursday TV theme song feature is not popular. That doesn’t mean I will stop. Time, or next Thursday, will tell. 

He wife is still voiceless, but marginally better today. She has graduated from a slight whisper to a regular whisper. The doctor says time is the cure. They gave her codeine-laced cough syrup to stop her sporadic coughing since it is the cough that strained her throat. She hasn’t been able to speak for nine days now. Since everything is about me, it makes life pretty boring. 

I had a cold last weekend, and was better by Monday morning. Suddenly, in the overnight hours Wednesday/Thursday I started feeling miserable again. I don’t know if it was my Tuesday flu shot, or I recaught the weekend bug or what. I’m loaded on various forms of cold medicine to get through the day. I will be OK. No need to go into a prayer chain or anything.

We are supposed to go to a wedding Saturday. It is 50/50 if we grace our presence upon the assembly. No need to be superspreaders of any viral bug. Besides, if the wife can’t talk, there is no point. It’s not like I want to talk to any of those people.

Have a great Friday



3 comments:

glasslass said...

Your Thursday tunes I think are from the 70's. I don't remember even watching TV at that time. Divorcing, raising two small children, taking care of elderly Aunt who had raised me. Trying to life back on an even keel. That's what I remember from the 70's. Hope wife and you both get better. Take your vitamins. Can't remember the last time I had the cold or the flu. Asked my Doc when he was pushing the flu shot when in the last 20 years have I ever had the flu or cold. None. So no shot. I don't think if I offer up a prayer it would be considered a 'chain' so I'll keep it short. Get better both of you.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was late 80s

glasslass said...

Well I never was much of a TV watcher.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger