November 23, 2022

over the river and through the woods

No hump day for me this week. My work week ended yesterday with an evening conference call to China. I’m off work until Monday!

That just means I’m off paid work. I still have work to do here. The Christmas stuff has to be drug from the attic. I will put up the outside lights today. I will help the wife do the inside. We have to wrap lighted garland up the stairway, put up another tree, and clean in general. 

Tomorrow I have to make several side dishes to take to my daughter’s for the thanksgiving feast. She is having 15 or 16 people for dinner. I couldn’t get that many people in my house. It occurs to me, as the lyric from the title song to this post run through my head, that I do, indeed have to go over the river and through a woods (albeit a sparse one) to get to thanksgiving dinner. I won’t be going to grandmother’s house, but rather to granddaughter’s house and that fits the tune as well.

If the rain holds off I have a backyard full of leaves to rake at some point. 

It will be nice to be off work.

Now, some sad news. Since Thursday is Thanksgiving, I will not be posting a theme song Thursday feature. I know. Your sad face says it all. Be brave. 

Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

Cappy said...

Captain SQL in town, over the river, through the cornfields, down I-71, skirting Columbus, more cornfields, more dang corn, and to grandson's house fort Thanksgiving.

glasslass said...

I'm lucky that daughter is hosting this year and is a 25 minute drive away. Everyone have a very happy Thanksgiving and thank the Lord for all our Blessings.

Jean said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you, your family and all your readers.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger