November 11, 2022

Your character tells the world you are a real man. Your beard is mostly the exclamation point.

 Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to everyone who put on the uniform to keep America safe.

We’ve had a great couple of days, weather-wise. I briefly considered putting up the outside Christmas lights yesterday. but it is just too early. Still, it would have been pleasant to put up lights in seventy degree weather as opposed to forty degrees. Now things are going to return to seasonal coolness. There may even be a few flurries this weekend. I’m going to regret not doing the decorating when it was warm.

I’m going to put our vacuum cleaner up for sale. It is gathering dust. 

Yes, I went there. Shaddup, you will repeat it. 

I’ve been growing a beard for the past 11 days. There’s plenty of salt and a little pepper. Alright, it is pretty much all gray and white.  I suppose I look like George Clooney, without his good looks or sex appeal. The wife says it makes me look really old. I think she is right. My face looks strange every time I look in the mirror. I last grew a beard back in the early eighties, in my college years. At that time I just grew an Abe Lincoln affair, no mustache. I’m certain no pictures survive. This time I’m doing it all. I think My last beard lasted a couple of months. I doubt this one lasts as long. I forgot what a pain it is to keep it trimmed. Besides, the wife hates it. 

Enjoy your Friday.




6 comments:

Cappy said...

Dang hippie...

glasslass said...

As you and my son are about the same age I remember his first beard. I had to move due to a transfer so he stayed with a couple of friends for the last semester when he was 15. Came home with a full on beard. Was I surprised. I don't think he's had one since.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see ya again HB.Been a while.

Fred

Ed Bonderenka said...

A Fred sighing!!!!

Greybeard said...

2005. I started my blog after growing my first beard in years. The color surprised me... hence my Nom De Plume.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

My last beard has lasted since 1988.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger