March 27, 2023

always something.

Monday is upon us. Another work week begins as soon as I quit messing with this time waster. 

I feel for those people devastated by tornadoes in the south over the weekend. 

Blogger is weirder than usual. Hundreds of old comments are showing up in the spam filter, including my own!  There were almost a thousand comments in the spam filter yesterday, going back to 2008 and 2009. Sadly, only about two of the comments were actually junk. 

The weather was finally decent yesterday. After the girls were picked up I grabbed my saw and started in cutting up the big limbs that fell from the willow over the winter. Some were four to six inches in diameter. All told, I ended with a pile about one half a rick of willow wood to dispose of. Amazingly, one of the larger long limbs that broke was sprouting new branches! 

I love that big willow, but it is dying and needs to come down. It is in the corner of my lot, inside the privacy fence and between three houses. The trunk is easily five feet in diameter. The tree is probably sixty foot tall. It will cost a fortune to have it removed. 

I am not sure about the broken board on my privacy fence. The top “ear” broke off when the limb fell on it. I need to repaint the whole thing, I may replace the  board at that time.  The gate needs repaired now. That is a function of time and entropy, not falling limbs. 

I also need to replace the shower head in the master bath. It all takes time and money and effort. Home ownership means constant expense. Mowing season is coming and I need to change the oil in the mower. It is always something.

But it is Monday, time for the work that pays.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger