April 21, 2023

Copacetic

Sometimes life is weird. Take this blog, for instance. Anyone reading here casually will readily admit I have been mailing it in of late. Content has been less than riveting. I am sorry for that. I have fewer posts, far less political ranting, and often put up bad jokes or music videos. Yet somehow, I have more hits now than I did when I put significant effort into writing a given post. 

I might say you don’t like politics and appreciate me not offering my opinion, yet often a political post gets the most views on a given week. The upshot is I throw up words and you read them. I suppose that is all that matters. Thank you for reading. 

Late last month my “blogoversary” occurred unremarked and frankly, not even remembered by me. I have been writing here for eighteen years, more or less five days a week. A significant number of bloggers, each far more talented, entertaining, and erudite than I, have come and gone. Yet here I sit, tap, tap, tapping one-fingered at the old iPad keyboard. Sometimes it is best not to question”why”? 

Hey, look! More words. Another minute of your day wasted. My job here is done. 

Maybe I’ll have decent content tomorrow. You never know. For now I will go the lazy route and post some Friday music.





6 comments:

slugmama said...

Maybe we stay for your personality and wit. Who knows? Sometimes people move on and you are no exception. Your life has changed in many ways(as has mine and I'd guess most readers). People grow and change.
Keep doing you, if that's ranting or not, or talking about your family or work or the "good" music of our generation. 8-)

Have a good weekend but if you smoke one of those cigars, don't blow it in my face. lol

glasslass said...

It's funny but I read a variety of types of blogs. From recipes to small nuclear reactors. Why do I put your blog as the second I read every morn? Not a clue but rain or shine here I am. Like slugmama said we've followed your changes and our lives have also changed. I love most of your bad jokes and had a lady in Tx who I called and we both had great laugh's but she now has the man who lives in the corner of the ceiling and controls the spiders the size of 727 and I have the responsibility of a Alzheimer gentleman and would also laugh at your jokes but the 2 year lock down was not good for him and he's slid so far that I'm seeing his Attorney soon as last week he lost 2 cars. Left them and apparently walked home. He no longer understands the jokes. So I just read and laugh. Keep pecking at the keyboard and we'll keep reading.

Jean said...

We've lost too many. Please continue here.

Joe said...

Thanks everybody.

Oh, and Sluggy, I am a very polite cigar smoker and would never blow it in your face. In fact I would ask if you objected before ever lighting up.

slugmama said...

Then you sir, are a gentleman of rare order. ;-)

Greybeard said...

You and me.
I too started in 2005 with a fervor. The Blog was a great release.
Now? I'm just dismayed at what is happening around me in spite of my warnings that this won't end well.
But... I could be wrong. And I hope I am.
It's just easier to be motivated to write when you feel you're making the world a better place.
And now, no one seems to be listening.
I'm glad I'm old.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger