May 27, 2023

Money for nothing

When my kids were little they would clamor for a new toy. When I said I don’t have the money today they would tell me to just write a check. I had to explain that you need the money to write a check. 

The Democrats running the country did not learn this lesson. They simply write checks without funds in the old checking account. Then the Bidenistas shout we must raise the debt limit because the money has been spent. If my checking account worked that way, my kids would have been the envy of the neighborhood with all of their new toys. 

In the coming days we will hear frantic reports about unnecessary programs shutting down for lack of funds. If these government programs are not essential, then why do we need them?

Here is a case in n point, albeit at the state level. At the Automate trade show last week two separate individuals stopped by the booth looking for the boss man to discuss all of the funds available in Michigan  for companies. Relocation grants, tax abatement, training, grants to hire people, etc. the state is paying people with your money to entice and encourage companies to spend even more tax money - your money. 

I am certain we are doing this kind of thing at very level of government. It makes me ill.





3 comments:

B said...

I know a farmer who is paid to not grow corn. Then is also paid by another government office to do things to enhance the growth in the fields he does cultivate to make up the difference for the fallow fields.

All legal and such. His attitude is "It's raining soup, so I might as well get a bucket".

Just one example of our government wasting our money.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Any company that moves to Gretchen Whitmer's Michigan gets what they deserve.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Corruption galore.
And Whitmer is spending our dollars to lure Chinese workers here for Chinese companies to prosper.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger