September 10, 2023

Looking under water

It is time for some football! It is a great time of year, the NFL kicks off, baseball is in the homestretch. The heatwave has broken. 

I have plenty to be thankful for this week. My great HVAC man was able to get my AC up and running with a small - a few hundred- cost as opposed to buying a new unit. He is an honest soul. 

On Thursday I had my eye operated on. The doc says it went well. He opened it up, cleaned out the blood, scrapped away some scar tissue, and lasered the bleeders. He is holding it all back in place with an air bubble. For now, I can’t see out of that eye at all, but it will gradually clear up in a week or so. The biggest pain is having to sleep on my side with a plastic guard taped to my face lest I rub the peeper in my sleep. 

No, the biggest pain is no vision on the left side. As a semi-paranoid, it is disconcerting to not know if someone is sneaking up on me. Are they out to get you? Then don’t judge. 

Anyway, I’m doing fine. Have a great Sunday. 

3 comments:

Cappy said...

Glad to hear it went well! Hope you got to enjoy some of the fantastic college football yesterday!

99 y/o dad of one of my best friends has been working through the same thing this summer. We still enjoy trading dirty jokes. Your "Things that go bump in the night" was a big hit!

glasslass said...

Glad to have you back. Kick back and enjoy your time off.

Anonymous said...

Cappy 👍

GL back to work tomorrow!

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger