October 5, 2023

Curmudgeonisms

I sat on the patio late yesterday afternoon enjoying a short cigar. Leaves fell softly as the sun warmed my face. It was 87 degrees. More than pleasant for early October. I played hooky from work for a quick hour because starting today, fall is here. 

Sure, it officially arrived a couple of weeks ago, but the thermometer still insisted it was summer. Today we will see a rainy cool day and then temperatures drop to a more appropriate sixties. 

I expect I will complain about raking leaves in the coming weeks. So it goes.

On a completely unrelated note, wouldn’t it be nice for an artist to appear on The Voice and have no tragic death, no illness, no trauma, no bullying in their life? How about a “ I had a great childhood, I love to sing!” The endless “this is for my grandpa who died eight years ago” trope gets old. 

Sure, I can put up some music. I’m glad you asked.





1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

The sad stories are the only reason I do not watch that show. I want music. I will listen with compassion when a person makes it. But, I listen for the performance.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger