November 20, 2023

Snappy Title

It is a short work week. That is a good thing. But it is still Monday. 

I spent all afternoon raking and bagging up the ankle-deep leaves in the front yard. As I padded past the front door with my coffee, I noticed the yard is covered again this morning. While not a solid layer, there are plenty of bleeping leaves on the ground. It is also spitting snow. Imagine I typed a bunch of cartoon curse word symbols right here. You know, @&$#*!.

I made beef and noodles for dinner last night, and because I live in the Midwest I made mashed spuds to go with them. The best part is I have leftovers for lunch. Sure, it’s a carbapalooza. Sure, it’s bad for my blood sugar. Sure, I don’t care. 

For the first time in a long time, there will be no immediate family Thanksgiving this year. Daughter and her family have other plans. Youngest is feasting with his girlfriends’ family. The wife and I will motor north to spend the holiday with her family. I’m cool with that. Unfortunately, that means no turkey leftovers to nibble on over the weekend. 

So it goes.

Happy Monday. 

4 comments:

Cappy said...

Leaves? I recommend defoliation.

Joe said...

The wife is with you, Cappy. She has wanted that maple cut down for years.

glasslass said...

I think all couples do the mom & dad thanksgiving other parent the Christmas and then reverse the next year. I'm headed with daughter to Illinois on Wed. morning with turkey, mashed and cranberry sauce all cooked with daughter and her pick of dinner. Grandson and wife just bought first home with apartment size stove that has one burner inoperable. He's a nervous wreck and sure it won't meet our expectations. But we'll all be together for the first time in 4 years so it'll be grand. If you'll just wait the leaves with blow away.

Linda said...

I know people who are grieving about no leftovers, and they just cook what they like after Thanksgiving. I have done it before myself.
The first year I was divorced I decided no one rakes leaves in the forest, I did not either. Next spring I was complaining about no grass. Someone reminded me that I let the leaves lie like in the forest, and how the forest has no grass, either. Finally, 30 years later I bought a mulching, bagging machine. Then, I was hapy.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger