December 6, 2023

I’d like to buy the world a Coke, but I can’t afford it

There has been a lot of commentary in recent years over the escalating tip culture. We all get the spinning iPad, give me a tip treatment at places far outside of the usual service industry. Why would I tip the guy at the miniature golf place or an on-line order? 

Lately, I have seen a pernicious trend that also affects the bottom line. Many sit down restaurants are now charging in excess of $3 for a soft drink. We went to a place last weekend that charged $4.25 for a glass of ice and a splash of Coke Zero. 

I get restaurants and bars are looking for ways to stay competitive as they are squeezed by Bidenomics, but sheesh. I can buy a couple of two liters for that price. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we don't go out anymore nor do we buy anything out anymore. we drink water. with free ice.

Gusmo said...

I agree with what the last guy said. I still go out, but way over priced drinks, are off the table. I got hit for over $4 for some not very sweet tea last month.

Cappy said...

Getting crappier every day. Luckily, two really good diners in walking distance.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger