January 24, 2024

There is truth in the nonsense

 Ahhhooogha....Ahhhooogha...the fog horn sounds a mournful warning over Mudsock this morning. I can hear the lonely ship bells of the big freighters anchored in the icy White River cutting through the silence. Ding ding, ding ding as a warm breeze moves across the slowly thawing ground. It is still dark, only the neighbor’s porch lights cutting a weak yellow beam through the fog. 

I sip my coffee. The furnace kicks on to bring warmth to the blogroom. Soon I will fire up the old laptop and slave away at my desk as Bob Cratchet babbles away over the pitiful exploits of his family one desk over. Scratch, scratch. Why won’t Bob use a computer? 

Ahhhooogha.....Ahhhoooga....the foghorn sounds a mournful warning...


What? Do not push me. The Captain and Tennille are just a click away. I’ll do it, so help me...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Good writing.

slugmama said...

If you insist on hitting that button on the Captain and Tennille, for god sakes, please don't let it be "Muskrat Love" or there will be consequences! Civilization will end as we know it....

Jean said...

Glad your headache is gone.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger