March 9, 2024

The stuff you see


Sometimes a pictures does not tell a story, it takes words. That picture over on the right is just such a case. It was a hurried snapshot taken from the back seat of a Buick van hurtling down a Chinese highway at seventy-plus mph. 

We are driving along and I’m watching the un-scenic scenery whiz by. Suddenly our driver shouts something in Chinese and starts laughing. 

He points at the white SUV in front of us and puts hands together moving them apart and together like an alligator mouth, making an ahnk, ahnk noise. The driver grabbed his phone and took a picture.

It only took me a second to grab my phone as well. Go ahead, embiggen the picture. That is, indeed, a couple of bags filled with ducks hung from the back of the car. Yes, they are alive. The one on the left had his head poked out watching the same un-scenic scenery I was viewing. 

Hey, if I need to take a couple of ducks into town I’d be reluctant to let them loose inside my car. Duck poop is, well, fowl. Ingenuity is not a unique American trait. 

That was the funniest, best part of my trip.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Someone should have told me what to do when I got in my car and chased down two wayward chickens. I just flung them in the car. If I ever have chickens again, I will carry bags.

Cappy said...

Was in Indiana last week.

What's with the Uranus Fudge billboards on I-70 east of Indy?

Anonymous said...

I know Cappy. Those billboards are along I-69 north too. Totally tacky

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger